Monday, February 24, 2014

My Braid Out & Overall Hair Care Regimen

Cover in Conditioner and Coconut Oil Overnight 
PRE-POO




FINISHED PRODUCT



1. Pre-poo overnight with Coconut Oil and Conditioner of your choice. Put hair in one bun or many or braids cover w/ disposable conditioning cap, cover that use a shower cap, cover that with a satin bonnet and if you are the type where those articles come off secure w/ a doo rag over satin bonnet or in place of satin bonnet.  I do it over.

2. Remove all caps and detangle with fingers, wide tooth comb or both.

3. Shampoo or Co-wash. When I do Shampoo I use Selsun Blue do to my SD (Seborrheic Dermatitis). When I co-wash I use either Pantene Cowash or As I Am Cowash. I like buying the Pantene they both work well but Pantene gives you more for your money.

 4. Deep Condition or Condition I like moisturizing conditioner so for DC I use either Pantene's 2 minute deep conditioner for curly hair or Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner overnight or a couple of hours and rinse thoroughly. If I just regular condition I use either Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Aussie Moist or Tresemme's  Flawless Curls Conditioner rinse thoroughly and begin my Moisturization Process.

CoWash
CoWash




Conditioner

Deep Conditioner 













 ----------Moisturization Process #LOCMETHOD ----------
Step 1

Step 2


Step 3













The Back

Bend ends into the braid












Step 1 Creme of Nature's Argan Oil Leave In Conditioner for

Step 2 I like to use Cantu's Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

Step 3 I use EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil but any Olive Oil or base Oil is fine ie. coconut, almond, jojoba oil all fine)

Directions: 
I part my hair in sections (large sections) I usually cornrow the front, and platt the back. I go through the LOC METHOD  of moisturization individually with each section.  My hair does tend to unravel so I do use rubber bands on the ends of my braids and I bend my ends and secure THEN put the rubber band on that way when I do a braid out my ends are bent and I don't have those horrid straight ends that I see happen to some girls. . .

Leave hair in braids for 3-4 days in cooler months and 2-3 days in warmer months then redo the process over and over again.

Feel free to use the Perfect 7 in the AM or before going to bed (or both) while you have the braids in. No you won't need it, I do it because it smells    FRIGGIN AWESOME AND YES ITS GREAT FOR 
YOUR HAIR TOO. . .LOL!!!

My Finishing Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment